Terms & Conditions
The content available through this Website, including all information, articles, reports, databases, graphics, interfaces, Webpages, text, files, product names, company names, trademarks, logos and tradenames contained herein (the “Content”), is the sole property of California Fire Chiefs Association (the ” Association “) or its licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Except as otherwise explicitly agreed in writing, Content posted on and/or linked to from this Website may be downloaded, displayed, reformatted and printed for your personal, noncommercial use only. Content owned by the Association’s licensors, including without limitation any images posted herein, may be subject to additional restrictions. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, or broadcast the Content in any form, by any means, in any media now known or hereafter created, or to circulate the Content to anyone, including but not limited to others in the same company or organization, or to create derivative works based upon such Content, without the Association’s express prior written consent.
The information contained on this Website and any linked resource is intended to provide general information and does not constitute professional advice. The information and materials posted on this Website are not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date and theAssociation does not necessarily endorse information found on any Website which is linked to or from this Website and is not acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on those other sites and does not seek to monitor or control such sites. The mention of another party or its product or service on this Website should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its product or service. You are solely responsible for the retrieval and use of the Content.
You should apply your own judgment in making any use of any Content, including, without limitation, the use of the information as the basis for any conclusions. You should not act or rely on any of the Content without seeking advice of a qualified professional advisor as may be applicable.
THE CONTENT POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THEASSOCIATION MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, REGARDING THIS CONTENT. THE COMPANY DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR TIMELINESS OF THIS INFORMATION. YOUR USE OF THIS CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS CONTENT. THE ASSOCIATION WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER IN AN ACTION BASED UPON A STATUTE, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, RELATING TO THE USE OF THIS CONTENT, OR RESULTING FROM LOSSES OR DAMAGES CAUSED TO YOU BY VIRUSES, DATA CORRUPTION, FAILED MESSAGES, TRANSMISSION ERRORS OR PROBLEMS; LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, THE INTERNET BACKBONE, THIRD PARTY CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
You agree at all times to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Association , its agents, suppliers, affiliates and their respective directors and employees against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, damages, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever (including legal and other fees and disbursements) sustained, incurred or paid by theAssociation directly or indirectly in respect of: (i) any information or other content You provide on or through this Website or which is sent to the Association by email or other correspondence; or (ii) your use or misuse of the Content or this Website, including without limitation infringement claim.
- Privacy Statement
- California Fire Chiefs Association (Cal Chiefs) is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Cal Chiefs Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the Cal Chiefs website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
- Collection of your Personal Information
- Cal Chiefs collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Cal Chiefs also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Cal Chiefs . This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Cal Chiefs for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Web site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through California Fire Chiefs Association public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: California Fire Chiefs Association does not read any of your private online communications.
Cal Chiefs encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Cal Chiefs so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Cal Chiefs is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Cal Chiefs and the Cal Chiefs family of Web sites.
- Use of your Personal Information
- Cal Chiefs collects and uses your personal information to operate the Cal Chiefs Web site and deliver the services you have requested. Cal Chiefs also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Cal Chiefs and its affiliates. Cal Chiefs may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Cal Chiefs does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Cal Chiefs may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Cal Chiefs may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Cal Chiefs , and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Cal Chiefs does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Cal Chiefs keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within Cal Chiefs , in order to determine what California Fire Chiefs Association services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Cal Chiefs to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Cal Chiefs Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Cal Chiefs or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Cal Chiefs ; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of California Fire Chiefs Association , or the public.
- The California Fire Chiefs Association Web site uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize California Fire Chiefs Association Chiefs pages, or register with California Fire Chiefs Association site or services, a cookie helps to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Cal Chiefs Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Cal Chiefs services or Web sites you visit.
- Security of your Personal Information
- California Fire Chiefs Association secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Cal Chiefs secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- Changes to this Statement
- Cal Chiefs will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Cal Chiefs encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Cal Chiefs is protecting your information.
- Contact Information
- Cal Chiefs welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe thatCal Chiefs has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Cal Chiefs at www.calchiefs.org . We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.